Written Assignment 1: Trace the Scientific Method in a Primary Research Scientific Article
· recognize and explain how the scientific method is used to solve problems
· make observations and discriminate between scientific and pseudoscientific explanations
· weigh evidence and make decisions based on strengths and limitations of scientific knowledge and the scientific method
· use knowledge of biological principles and the scientific method to ask relevant questions, develop hypotheses, design and conduct experiments, interpret results, and draw conclusions
2 page review of the article that answers the following questions:
For one of the experiments in Riege&Sigurgeirsson –
1. What was the hypothesis of this experiment? (Reminder: Hypothesis is a statement.) What question(s) was (were) the investigator asking?
2. Which is the control group? Why?
3. Which is the treatment group? Why?
4. Did the researchers follow the scientific method in their experimental design? Explain.
5. Do you think that there may be any possible biases or other problems in this experiment? Explain.
6. Based on the data, was the hypothesis supported, and what can you conclude from this experiment?
Click here to place an order for a similar paper and have exceptional work done by our team and get A+results