The storage and representation of numbers in a computer can lead to costly mistakes because of precision errors.
When using floating point numbers, one must make sure that the correct number of
digits is used in a calculation because rounding errors can produce values that lead to errors. Consider
the floating point format, exponential format, and binary coded decimal (BCD).
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the floating point format in order to:
a. Determine how floating point numbers are stored in memory.
b. Discuss the ease or difficulty of manipulating and using floating point numbers in
2. Determine whether or not you believe that the floating point format is memory efficient. Provide a
rationale to support your answer.
3. Analyze the format used to store numbers using the binary coded decimal format. Determine
whether the BCD format is more or less memory efficient than the floating point format.
4. Compare and contrast the BCD format to the floating point format in terms of:
b. performance in calculations
c. memory usage
5. Select the format (floating point format, binary coded decimal (BCD), or exponential format) that
you would recommend for processing efficiency and explain why.
6. Floating point numbers can introduce rounding errors in the banking industry, which may lead to
financial benefit for the bank but not for the customer. Analyze the ethics of knowingly benefitting
from rounding errors. Propose a plan on how the rounding error should be handled.
7. Differentiate between the exponential format and the floating point format in terms of:
b. processing speed
8. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites
do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions. Assignment must be written in APA style and include in-text citations.
• ?Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!