In this assignment, we will use basic composition skills and rhetorical strategies to develop our first academic essay for the course.
• Create an academic essay of at least two full pages (no more than three) that completes the following assignment.
• Apply MLA formatting to the essay: 12 pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced, 1” margins, last name and page number in the upper right hand corner, and a heading including your name, instructor’s name, class, and date. Also, include a title.
• Apply basic composition skills: topic sentences, thesis statement, logical and effective organization, transitions, and incorporating appropriate content.
• Understand and apply standard written English. Use appropriate vocabulary and avoid mechanical and grammatical errors.
The American Heritage College Dictionary defines identity as “1.The set of characteristics by which a thing is recognized or known. 2. The set of behavioral or personal traits by which an individual is recognizable as a member of a group.[. . .] 4 The distinct personality of an individual regarded as a persisting entity; individuality.”*
In this essay, create and present your definition of “identity.” What is your personal understanding of what an identity is? You may want to consider the following:
• What influences or impacts one’s identity?
• How is an identity created?
• What exactly does it mean to have an identity?
• What is the relationship between identity and lifestyle?
• Do we have a social identity and a personal identity?
Although this your personal definition, you will present it objectively using third person. In order to remain in third person, use pronouns or nouns such as he or she, him or her, person, individual, etc. Do not use I, me, my, etc. Instead of writing “I feel that identity is,” write “Identity is.” Simply take yourself out of the text. Also, do not use any research or outside sources.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!