The encounters between the ordinary world and Don Quixote are encounters between the world of reality and that of illusion
Read the Introduction to Cervantes and Don Quixote
Read the selections from Don Quixote
Instructions Write a typed essay on one of the three contrasts, inherent to Don Quixote, identified in the following prompt from the introduction in your text:
“Generally speaking, the encounters between the ordinary world and Don Quixote are encounters between the world of reality and that of illusion, between reason and imagination, and ultimately between the world in which action is prompted by material considerations and interests and a world in which action is prompted by ideal motives” (from the introduction to Cervantes and Don Quixote, 2nd edition).
Structure of the Essay
The paper should be organized as a traditional thesis-support essay. The thesis should identify the key points that you plan to discuss.
Development of the Essay
You must convince me that you have read the selections in your textbook! To do so, each body paragraph MUST contain key but short quotations from the selections. For “C” credit, the essay must be a full three pages long. For “A” credit, the paper must be a full five pages long and include references to the introductions found in the text and to outside (online) resources, each appropriately cited according to the MLA Style Sheet conventions. You do not need a formal “Works Cited” page.
Content of the Essay
1) Begin the body of your essay with a brief introduction to the selections in our text from Don Quixote. Draw upon notes from your introduction, citing your editor(s) as the author.
2) Use short quotations worked into the text of your own analytical sentences to provide support for the paragraphs. You may also bring into the discussion any relevant outside information as long as you cite the source within your paragraphs.
3) Each topic sentence should be a claim that adds support to your thesis.
Avoid using “I,” “you,” and any references to “the reader.” These terms create wordiness and misdirection. Use present tense and active voice verbs when referring to the author’s contributions (like this: “Connelly notes,” “Connelly claims,” “Connelly suggests”).
Format of the Essay
Key-in the essay into the computer and save it to your floppy disk or hard drive. Each line should be double- spaced with only a single double space between each paragraph. Block only those quotations longer than four lines of your text.
Criteria for Grading
Your paper will be graded according to the following standards:
1) Development – Does the essay satisfactorily develop the thesis and meet the minimum page requirement?
2) Organization – Does the essay reflect the thesis-support format?
3) Use of Source – Does the essay make use of important supporting passages in the short story? Are all references to the store correctly documented?
4) Style – Does the essay reflect diction and syntax appropriate to a literary analysis?
5) Correctness – Does the essay reflect mastery of basic writing conventions (spelling, punctuation, grammar, usage)?
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!