Systems Analysis and Design in Information Organizations (Entity Relations Diagram for Data Modeling)
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
This assignment is aimed at discovering entities and describing their attributes and relationships. Students can use data and information from their earlier assignments on project management and requirements gathering. (my project is: office automation system for Landry)
You are expected to identify entities and list attributes for each entity and determine possible relationships between different instances in these activities. Once information has been described, construct an entity relationship diagram using the symbols given in the text book. The following guidelines will be helpful in preparing the assignment:
1. Identify a minimum of five entities.
2. Identify a minimum of five attributes for each entity.
3. Include a primary and an alternate identification key for each entity.
4. Identify the relationships between entities.
5. Describe the characteristics of relationships (one-to-one; one-to-many; or many to many).
6. Construct an entity relationship diagram using the above information.