For this assignment, a contemporary movie review that could have been published when the film was FIRST RELEASED.
Here are some suggestions about how to proceed:
– Watch the film several times.
– Synthesize the plot in a clear and brief manner, without including any spoilers.
– Discuss aspects of its mise en scènethat you feel contribute or detract from the success of the film.
– Focus on what is distinctive about the film (compare it to contemporaneous or earlier work).
– Add any contextual details (about the director, the actors) that are relevant.
– Make an assessment of the film.
– Write in a style that is appropriate for the time. (1954)
(i.e. do not use the word awesome)
****You are expected to do historical research for this assignment and you must include a bibliography of all references you consulted