ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND CORPORATE SUPPORT BRANCH:
The People and Corporate Support Branch provides expert and strategic advice in developing the Department’s human resource management policies and strategies and is responsible for employee conduct, reviews of actions, salary and allowance administration including processing of pay, processing of leave, higher duties, compensation, recruitment and selection. It is also responsible for the development, implementation, integration of and support of the Department’s human resource information systems.
The Branch also manages all aspects of employee development including people development, internal training programs, the graduate program, traineeships, summer clerks, induction, performance management, employee conduct, reviews of actions and internal awards.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The position is in the Payroll Unit within the Employee Relations Section of the People and Corporate Support Branch. The Unit provides support, processing and advisory services relating to payroll functions across the Department. This position works in a small team and reports to an APS Level 5 Team Leader who in turn reports to the Personnel Manager (APS Level 6).
The Personnel Administrator might be expected to manage practical day-to-day activities within the identified areas below:
- Processing payroll tasks (including complex tasks);
- Prioritising workloads, meeting deadlines and managing reporting tasks;
- Preparing and calculating entitlements and correspondence in relation to complex/sensitive issues (examples may include compensation adjustments, calculation of NWE’s, redundancy and termination payments, SES variations);
- Personally managing sensitive interactions and processes (examples may include contact with clients in relation to over and underpayments, recovery of monies owing and superannuation arrears);
- Providing technical expertise on payroll and associated functional activities, practices and procedures;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of improvements to operational practices and guidelines and promote an environment of continuous improvement;
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of procedural documentation, checklist’s and standard communication pro-forma’s.
Topic; selection criteria for attorney general
(Selection Criteria is based on the Integrated Leadership System)
|APS 1-6 Level (and equivalent) Employees
JOB SPECIFIC CRITERIA:
- An understanding of and an ability to interpret and apply APS conditions of service, in accordance with the established legislation, workplace agreement and policy framework (Important)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource Management Information Systems (Important)
For assistance responding to the selection criteria and general information about applying for jobs in the Australian Public Service please refer to Cracking the Code or ASPC Website.
AGD prefers electronic lodgement of applications using the online facility which is accessible from our Employment page. If you do not have internet access or are experiencing any difficulties lodging your application, please contact our recruitment team through HR.Assist@ag.gov.au or (02) 6141 3333.
Information required to successfully lodge an application:
- Create a profile online by clicking “Start an application” for the position you are applying for and complete the details
- *Note that the email address you supply to register an application will be the email address used to communicate with you during the process. Please be aware that some government firewalls and virus protection software do not allow bulk emails to be received. It is recommended that applicants regularly check their JobOffice account for progress/updates directly
- The names and contact details of at least 2 referees, one of whom should be a current supervisor
- A copy of your current resume – no longer than 5 pages
- A 750 word statement of claims against the selection criteria and, if required, an additional 750 word statement addressing the job specific criteria
CRAZY OFFER!!! ASSIGNMENTS COMPLETED FOR FREE!!
GET THIS ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR FREE NOW, JUST PLACE YOUR ORDER AND DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT: WE WILL COMPLETE THE PAPER FIRST BEFORE YOU PAY AND YOU PAY ONLY AFTER YOU RECEIVE AND APPROVE YOUR COMPLETED PAPER! IF YOU ARE NOT IMPRESSED, WE WILL NOT ASK ANYTHING FROM YOU! WHAT ELSE WE WILL DELIVER IT WITHIN YOUR SPECIFIED TIME FROM 3 HOURS TO 10 DAYS DEADLINE.
THIS IS ONLY A LIMITED OFFER! TAKE ADVANTAGE!!