Questions for reflection
1. The changed lifeways of the Neolithic included the domestication of plants and animals as well
as setlement into villages. What were the cossts and benefits of this new way of life? Did the
Neolithic set into motion problems that are still with us today?
2. Why do you think some people of the past chose not to make the change fom food foraging to
food producing? What problems existing in today’s world have their origins in the lifeways of the
3. Consider the reduction of diversity and the vulnerability to disease brought about by the
domestication of wild species during the Neolithic. Are these same fctors relevant to today’s
genetically modified foods? Who benefits most directly from genetically modified foods?
4. Why are the changes of the Neolithic sometimes mistakenly associated with progress? Why
have the social forms that originated in the Neolithic come to dominate the earth?
5. Although the archaeological record indicates some differences in the timing of domestication of
plants and animals in different parts o the world, why it incorrect to say that one region was more
advanced than another?
Click here to place an order for a similar paper and have exceptional work done by our team and get A+results