1) Big Fizz Co., a manufacturer of cola-flavored drinks, wantsto add packaged fruit juices to its existing product line. Big Fizzmust make some decisions regarding packaging and branding the fruitjuices. These decisions would fall under which variable of themarketing mix? A. Product B. Place C. Promotion D. Price
2) Hewlett-Packard sells personal computers through specialtycomputer stores, electronics superstores, and its own Internetsite. What is the marketing mix variable that is being consideredhere? A. Price B. Promotion C. Product D. Place
3) Marketing strategy planners should recognize that: A. target markets should not be large and spread out B. mass marketing is often very effective and desirable C. large firms like General Electric, Target, and Procter &Gamble are too large to aim at clearly defined markets D. target marketing is not limited to small market segments
4) Target marketing, in contrast to mass marketing, A. is limited to small market segments B. assumes that all customers are basically the same C. ignores markets that are large and spread out D. focuses on fairly homogeneous market segments
5) The process of naming broad product-markets and then dividingthem in order to select target markets and develop suitable A. market penetration B. market segmentation C. market development D. market research
6) ______________ is the process of naming broad product-marketsand then segmenting these broad product-markets in order to selecttarget markets and develop suitable marketing mixes.