Market Research Proposal Report
A marketing research proposal describes a plan for conducting and controlling a research project. Lot of companies do not have the adequate skilled manpower or knowledge to conduct market research and have to depend on external organizations like market research companies or consultants. Market research firms are typically involved in developing market research proposal and briefs as well as managing the data collection and analysis with outcome based recommendations. A detailed research proposal lays the solid foundation of doing a market research study.
Assessment 2 is the major group project for this unit and it requires developing a complete “Marketing Research Proposal” for an actual company. The group will be required to evaluate and identify a particular management decision problem of a selected company/organization and provide senior management of that company with a detailed marketing research proposal that can provide the information required to address the problem. Groups should be made up of 4 to 5 students and are to be formed by the first two weeks by members from the same tutorial. The research proposal is to be submitted in two phases over the duration of the semester so that feedback is provided in Phase A to assist in the development of a superior overall research proposal in Phase B……….
i. Draft Research Instrument/Questionnaire ?
• Phase A feedback and recommendations should be addressed and integrated into the corresponding sections for the complete Phase B report. Phase A sections (b,c,d) will not be re-marked for the Phase B report.
• Phase A specific section (b,c,d) discussions are expected to be between approximately 1700 and 2000 words while the Phase B specific sections (a,e,f,g,h) are expected to be between approximately 1000 and 1200 words. The draft research instrument/questionnaire is not considered for the word count. The 3000 word limit for the entire report will be strictly enforced. Please use appendix for any additional analysis, exhibits etc.
4. The expected details for each of the above sections will vary based on the complexity and depth of the research problem, nature of business, company expectations, availability of information and analytical capability of the researchers. Please review the mark weightings (in the evaluation criteria) assigned to each of the sections to construct your report accordingly.
5. The proposal needs to include a draft research instrument/questionnaire section detailing the possible questions relating with the research objectives. The research questions and hypothesis identified should be the guide in developing the appropriate constructs and measurement scales. Relevancy of the questions in regards to the hypotheses and research questions will be crucial for evaluation purposes. In designing the questionnaire you should focus on the type of data collection, appropriate question and scale format, type of scales used, format, layout and wordings etc. Recommended online sources and textbooks for sample questionnaires and scales will be provided. You should pre-test your questionnaires with the aid of a few friends and review their feedback in terms of the questions, flow of information, wording, interpretation etc. As questionnaires can be very detailed and constructed in various different structures and methods, it will not be counted as part of the report word count.
6. You should be in close communication with the decision maker(s) of your selected company/organization to understand the company’s management or marketing problems and objectives. Proof of correspondence and acknowledgement of your report/strategy by the company is a necessary completion requirement for the report and that will need to be submitted with your report. Proof of correspondence can in the form of a letter from the company, email communication, contact information of the decision maker etc. Attach the proof in the proposal appendix.
7. The report should include a minimum of 3 (three) references from peer-reviewed academic journalsand an additional minimum of 10 (ten) references from business magazines, industry whitepapers, newspapers, credible and reliable websites and marketing textbooks to confirm the strength and quality of your work.
8. This is a third year unit. Therefore, demonstration of highly developed analytical skills in expression and presentation is a must. Your report is expected to be of professional standards. Poorly constructed report with lack of clarity in meaning, weak arguments, grammar and formatting issues, etc. will lower the overall quality of the report.
9. All group members are expected to make equitable contribution to the completion of the project. The groups will need to finalize the selected company/organization by Week 3 and a group operations report will need to be submitted in weeks 6 and 10 for lecturer/tutor review and team status update. Confidential peer-review in between group members in terms of teamwork, effort and performance will be taken for lecturer/tutor review .“Free riders” will receive lower marks compared to the team members.
Discuss the relationship between self esteem and suicidal thinking and action in adolescents.