Human resources management
Doris Washington recently assumed her new position as HR Director at the XYZ Company, a software development firm with approximately 350 employees. Her staff includes a seasoned generalist as well as a benefits clerk. During her first 90 days on the job, Doris has noted the following issues that seem to be embedded in XYZ’s culture: 1) managers create their own interview questions; 2) for some employees, their compensation is simply determined by managers, not based on training, experience, geographic region, and so on; and, 3) the company seems to draw new employees from only two sources, one is the university from which the President of the company graduated.
While Doris has been contemplating these trends, the CEO has asked her to attend a strategy planning meeting about opening the company’s first location on in Toronto, Canada in approximately nine months. She needs to provide a recommendation to the CEO that can be used appropriately.
1. Identify the four key issues or potential problems Doris is likely to face as HR Director.
2. Select two of these potential problems and address the following questions:
o What factors make these difficult problems or challenges; what are some of the difficulties she needs to deal with?
o What are some of the complexities of these issues?
o Why are these concerns the most important problems to consider?
3. Provide at least two alternatives Doris might consider in dealing with each of these two issues/problems that you selected.
4. Identify a “best solution” for each of these two issues/problems that you selected.
5. Support your desired outcomes with a minimum of three outside scholarly sources. (academic journals, industry or business magazines, or association Web sites)
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE, TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU