My topic research of the group is about Bile duct cancer
ACCESS TO HIGHER EDUCATION Nursing and Health Studies
Module: Health Promotion PA13WM913
Unit Value: 3 credits @ Level 3
There are two tasks to complete to pass the whole module, task 1 and task 2. Task 1: You will need to complete a written report totalling 500 words which
must include the following:
Level 3: Task/Assessment (Task 1)
• Present an analysis of two recent health promotion campaigns which examine the-impact of the campaigns on both society and the individual (1.1)
You must clearly explain in a brief introduction what health promotion is. You can include a few definitions but must also then discuss the definitions further by explaining how health promotion is important for society.
Then go on to research two recent health promotion campaigns, e.g. Jade Goody’s cervical cancer screening campaign or Jamie Oliver’s healthy school meals campaign, or a choice of your own. Analyse how effective or ineffective the campaigns have been on individuals and society in general. Discuss how the campaigns could have been improved to have greater impact, on individuals and society.
Ensure that you analyse by looking at the strengths of each campaign and how it could be improved, you can use appendices and diagrams to assist you. What was good about the campign and why, and what do you think would need improving to have a better impact. Ensure you are analysing!! Consider the target group it was aimed at and resources used. Did the message come thorugh and will people respond?
Make sure that you include a reference list at the end of your work.
Learning Outcomes: 1.1
Grading Criteria: 1, 5, 7
Level 2 is the same required written report but would fall under the descriptive category on learning outcomes so go for level 3!
Task 2: You will need to produce a campaign presentation and a 1000 word written report.
There are 2 parts of this task to be compelted and submitted to ensure achievement of the task and unit.
Level 3: Task/Assessment (Task 2)
• Explain the rationale for your health promotion campaign in relation to health promotion theory (2.1)
• Analyse the effectiveness and own participation of the approved health promotion activity (2.2)
Group based work:
a) The first part of this task is to produce and submit a group PowerPoint Presentation (approximately 10 slides) which you will present in your groups w/t go so well: you can launch and presentation of the campaign.
e this on your class
• Analyse your own involvement in the campaign, refer back to the group action log to evaluate whether you were an effective group member. What was effective about your con ributions to designing and presenting the campaign. What could you as an individual improve.
• Consider barriers you experienced and give three recommendations for how your campaign overall could be improved.
Make sure that you include a reference list at the end of your PowerPoint/references in work and remember to submit both the written report AND the group PowerPoint presentation and the group action plan/log.
Learning Outcomes: 2.1, 2.2
Grading Criteria: 2, 3, 6, 7
Level 2 is the same required assignment but would fall under the descriptive category on learning outcomes so go for level 3!