ENTREPRENEURIAL CELEBRITY PRESENTATION (CE part 1)
1. The Task
Please present an Entrepreneurs´ story. The person (and the product or service connected) is at your choice. It may be a person from the past or present days.
It may also be an entrepreneurial person you personally know and appreciate. Although we call them „celebrities“, the person does not necessarily have to be a famous one!
At best, this person shall ….
… have a convincing personality, and have gone his / her own way
… have successfully (or not!) put a new business idea into reality
… deliver a stimulating story
… provide experiences, testimonials, logical patterns to keep in mind and which we can learn from.
As examples, please have a look at the following persons listed below, you may (but are not obliged to) choose from:
Alexander G. Bell
Melitta Bentz Carl F. W. Borgward
Ray Croc Ralf Däinghaus
Steve Jobs Friedrich Krupp
Werner von Siemens
Prof. Dr. Carl B. Welker
Innovation and Entrepreneurship page 1
Find out the following pieces of information and include them in your story:
1) (approx) year or decade of birth
2) what kind of innovation / contribution provided ?
3) was there a market vacuum?
4) which kind of uncertainty to cope with?
5) which kind of obstacles and opponents to overcome ?
6) was a company formed ? if so, year established 7) started with owned money?
8) was owner / shareholder at the outset ?
9) which statements or testimonials did the person leave us ?
10) what are the main entrepreneurship-related lessons to be learnt ?
Choose your E.C. and apply for it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
„First come first serve“ applies !! This is, because every E.C. person will only be selected once. As a consequence, the E.C. person is reserved for the 1st applicant and the E.C. remains blocked.
After application you will receive a confirmation (or rejection).
(Please note: This may take some time because outside the campus your professor is on a strictly commercial Blue Ocean mission busy).