1. Make up the 18 interview questions and answers for an Emergency Manager Job
2. Write a analysis of the interview relating answers to course objective(Emergency Management 670).
An examination of the role, mission, and functional skills of the emergency manager that compares and contrasts current aspects with evolving management.
At the end of this course, students should be able to
1. Analyze the basic factors affecting successful leadership in emergency management.
2. Critically assess the importance of selected characteristics, principles and activities which shape effective emergency management leadership.
3. Assess the variables and topics which impact the performance of emergency managers and evaluate the impact of these issues on emergency managers.
4. Hypothesize which factors are crucial to effective emergency management leadership.
Requisition Number 38492BR
Information Technology (IT)
Position Title Emergency Management Specialist
Position Work Location DC – BOLLING AFB – BOLLING AFB (DCC005)
Telecommuting Options Telecommuting Not Allowed
US Citizenship Required Yes
Clearance Required Yes – Final Required to Start
Clearance Type Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI)
Additional Suitabilities None
Why SRA? SRA is a leading provider of technology and strategic consulting services and solutions — including systems design, development, and integration; and outsourcing and managed services — to clients in national security and intelligence, civil government and public health markets. The company also delivers business solutions for contingency and disaster response planning, information assurance, business intelligence, environmental strategies, enterprise architecture, infrastructure management, and wireless integration.
Founded in 1978, SRA is headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, and has offices in more than 40 countries around the world. The company employs more than 7,000 people and generates approximately $1.7 billion in revenue.
Why this Position? Supporting DIA on mission critical needs.
Daily Responsibilities EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT:
Provide Technical expertise in Emergency Management(EM): policy and guidance in support of Federal Continuity Directive (FCD) 1, FCD 2, provide guidance and assistance to the Mission Assurance (MA) division. Research, coordinate, draft, implement, and test EM plans; to include Emergency Operations Plans (EOP), evacuation, personnel accountability, internal augmentation, shelter in place, and reception. Tailor DAE standards and guidelines to meet the specific requirements of the affected facility.
Candidate will provide functional expertise as Emergency Management (EM) requirements are institutionalized. Will support the EM team in a wide range of emergency management and related activities to include but not limited to:
• Work with the client in all aspects of planning to support EM and related documentation
• Support the development of EM planning documents in appropriate format as directed by the client.
• Provide research and publication of bullet-point paper in the appropriate format on critical EM related issues and topics.
• Assist in the design, development, and implementation of the training and familiarization products to support the client’s EM program.
• Design and develop personal EM-related quick reference and handout type documents.
• Coordinate continuity site IT support requirements with the Program Office.
• Coordinate with on-site facility management and IT/communications personnel as needed.
• Develop, coordinate, and maintain the IT Disaster Recovery plan. At a minimum, this plan shall include a service desk relocation and sustainment plan, an IT services continuation plan (Enterprise services failover, etc), and personnel readiness plan as dictated by client requirements.
• Evaluate national security policies and provide impact assessment on EM and COOP operations.
• Develop and maintain EM Plan with supporting annexes and appendices.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) in support of COOP and Emergency Management operations.
• Develop and maintain EM and COOP content on the Client Portal.
• Develop and maintain EM relocation staff rosters.
• Develop and maintain EM training program.
• Coordinate exercises with components as needed
• An active Top Secret clearance is required for this position.
• Experience with inter-agency cooordination; Joint Staff or Cambatant Command; Joint Training and Exercise Experience .
Required: Years of experience (min) 3-5
Required: Degree Bachelors
Required: Basic Qualifications Degree Requirements:Bachelors from an accredited college or university in a discipline applicable to the effort (or as otherwise specified in a particular delivery order) is desired. A minimum ofthree (3)years of practical experience in the pertinent area(s) applicable to the effort involved; a demonstrated knowledge of DOD and DIA preferred. Experience with inter-agency coordination to include DIA and DHS; Joint Staff or Cambatant Command; Joint Training and Exercise Experience a plus.
Must possess program and process analytical skills; must have a TS/SCI; Must have highly developed interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate the client’s goals and needs with other government representatives while always clearly maintaining the role as contracted support rather than that of government representative. Must possess strong oral and written skills.