Critically evaluate this statement:
“Audit Committees may assist organisations for the efficient and effective practices of corporate governance. In return, the effective control environment of an organisation may contribute for the effective functions of an audit committee that may ensure the quality assurance engagements and prompt implementation of recommendations.”
Assignment 2 Marking Criteria:
Your work will be assessed on the following basis:
1. knowledge, understandability and application of auditing concepts as explained and discussed in the unit (40%);
2. critical analysis (30%);
3. research and inquiry skills including appropriate referencing skill(15%) ;and
4. effective communication (15%).
Assignment Presentation Requirements:
1. Students must type the assignment using a word processing package.
2. The pages must be numbered.
3. A copy of the assignment must be kept and the student must be able to provide a copy at short notice should one be required.
4. The assignment must be checked for errors for spelling and grammar.
5. You must sign and attach a coversheet with your assignment. The coversheet will be uploaded on Moodle.
6. Citations used in assessment items must follow Harvard referencing style. If you are unfamiliar with Harvard referencing please seek the assistance of Library staff.
7. At the front of the assignment there must be a title page showing your name, the date the assignment is due and the total number of words.
8. A left margin of 40mm is required to allow for written comments.
9. Submission of assignments in soft copies will not be accepted. Therefore, the date of the email attachment as the proof of meeting the submission deadline will not be accepted. The receipt date of the assignment should be the receipt date when the hard copy of the assignment is actually received. Penalties will apply for late submission as per the assignment submission guidelines of the unit.
10. Please do not submit assignments using managers files, sheet protectors etc.