undertaken by a group of maximum 4 to 5 students unless a special case is made to the
tutor. Students can also undertake the project individually under special circumstances subject to the approval
of the unit convener. Students are highly encouraged to do the assignments in groups as working in group is
part of the generic skills that students need to develop. The students will form the group at their own initiative.
However, the tutor may help in forming groups, if required. All students will normally be allocated same mark
if they are making equal contribution. Group meeting notes (Appendix 2) and indication of assigned area of
contribution to the assignment will be assessed carefully. If any student in a group is not contributing
satisfactorily, the assignment will be assessed based on individual contribution and all members will not get the
same mark. See the Assignment topic section for the topic and outline of the assignment.
This is an individual assessment. On this assessment the students will be presenting the group assignment
individually during the last two tutorial sessions (week 13 and 14). Each member of a group will present the
respective portion of the assignment that he/she has worked. Time allocated for the presentation is 20 minutes
for each group. The total time will be divided among each group member. Each individual student will be
assessed on his/her performance on a scale of 10 marks (see appendix 3 for evaluation criteria).
*** For assistance with group work please go to
http://www.canberra.edu.au/studyskills/learning/oral and click on “Working in Group”
“Analyzing the industry dynamics influencing consumer behaviour and decision making process”.
You have been appointed as the Marketing manager of XYZ brand (chose one industry from the list of given
below). Your firm is going to launch a new brand/product in an entirely new and fiercely competitive market.
To sustain in this market you need to develop the marketing strategies successfully. Therefore, it is imperative
to comprehend the industry specific dynamics that shapes the consumer behaviour and influences the
purchasing decision in this market.
Prepare a report on the industry specific dynamics and factors that influences consumer behaviour and
decision making process. To address the topic, follow the outlines given below. A detailed hint on how to
approach this assignment is described in Appendix-1.
Page 13 of 17
Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K
· The industry overview –
· Factors affecting the consumers decision process –
– Problem recognition
– Information search
– Evaluation process of alternative brand/products
– Post purchase dissonance
– Building loyalty
· Internal and external influencing factors-
– Consumer Perception-
– Demographical analysis-
– Group influence-
· Strategic marketing decision-
· Conclusion and Recommendations-
List of Industries:
Airlines, Telecommunications, Retail, Education, Medicare, Hospitality, Finance and banking.
· To prepare this report you need to widely discuss the relevant theoretical aspects of consumer
· You are encouraged to consult the text book, suggested readings, journal articles and website to
critically examine and add rigor in your analysis.
· The outsourced contents should be properly referenced based on the “Harvard / APA referencing
guidelines. Click on the following link for the University’s guide to referencing in APA and Harvard styles
· The total word limit for this report should be between 4,500-5,000 words excluding appendix, and
references (200 words deviation either way will be accepted).
· There should be at least 3 textual references (including the text book) and 6 academic journal
references (follow the journals uploaded in e-reserve) in your list of references.
· Font size 12, Times New Roman. (Excluding headings/sub-headings)
· Attach a cover-sheet containing the name and student ID of the group members.
· Attach at least four Meeting notes following the guidelines in Appendix-2.
· Attach a separate sheet at the beginning outlining the proportion of work undertaken by each student.
· Staple/bind the assignment properly.
· Date of submission: Monday 29 April, 2013, 8.00pm. (Penalty applies @5% for each day)
· Drop your assignment at Drop box-6B102. (Located at Building 6, level-B)
· Evidences of non-referenced materials will be considered as an act of plagiarism and the unit convener
may take disciplinary actions as per the university guidelines.
you just need to write the part of ‘Strategic marketing decision’. and my topic is ‘airlines’ , my airlines company names ‘lion’. the summary you do not write, but you need to write a presentation for this essay instead of the summary. my company is for worldwide airlines, it is a global market.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!