Your goal is to educate families with children about a cancer that affects children. Although focused, this group may contain a wide range of individuals who vary in age, reading level, and socioeconomic status. Be mindful of unique characteristics associated with the affected population. Be creative in your layout while maintaining a professional appearance.
• Resources: American Cancer Society website (http://www.cancer.org) and the National Cancer Institute website (http://www.cancer.gov)
• Choose one type of cancer that affects children. Share information about this cancer with children and their families.
• Create a flyer, brochure, or report to present the information in 350 to 500 words.
• Organize the information into five sections:
o Causes and risk factors, including environmental risks
o Prevention and detection
o How the cancer affects the body
o Treatment options
o Name and contact information of at least one support group
• Include at least one image (picture or diagram) that supports any of the details you present in the patient information flyer, brochure, or report.
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines