Please read these assignment instructions before writing your paper, and re-read them often during and after the writing process to make sure that you are fulfilling all of the instructions. Please also utilize the assignment guidance, the modeled example, and the outline provided.
The following assignment is an exercise designed to help you begin the process of addressing a moral issue, a process that will continue in the next two assignments. In this exercise, you will do the following:
- Formulate an ethical question within one of the given topic areas from the list provided.
- Provide an introduction in which you briefly explain the topic and the particular question on which you will focus your paper.
- State your position on the question at issue.
- Identify one consideration that would support your position and one consideration that would challenge it.
The exercise must be at least 500 words in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Be sure to include a title page and, if you include references, a bibliography. The exercise should be in outline (not essay) format, with each part labeled and numbered as specified below.
- Part One: Formulate the Question
Read through the list of available topic areas, and select a topic on which you would like to write your next two papers. Formulate a specific, concrete, ethical question pertaining to that topic, and place that at the top of your paper.
The question should be specific enough to discuss in six to eight pages (which is the length of the Final Paper assignment). For example, if you were interested in discussing the topic of capital punishment, a question like “Is capital punishment wrong?” would be too vague, and would need to be reformulated as a more specific question, such as “Should we execute people convicted of first degree murder?” or “Is it just to use capital punishment when there is the possibility of executing innocent persons?” or “Is the capital punishment system racist?”
- Part Two: Provide a Brief Introduction to the Topic
Your introduction should focus on setting out the topic and scope of the discussion in a way that clearly establishes what exactly you will be talking about and why it is significant. It should also provide any necessary context such as the background, current state of affairs, definitions of key terms, and so on. You want to try to do this in a way that stays as neutral as possible, avoids controversial assumptions, rhetorical questions, and the like. In other words, you should try to construct an introduction to the topic that could be an introduction to a paper defending any position on the question at issue.
It is important for your introduction to narrow down the topic as much as possible. Doing so will allow you to provide a more detailed consideration of the issues and explain the reasoning more clearly in later papers. In general, arguments and analyses are much stronger when they focus on addressing a particular issue thoroughly and in detail, and doing so often requires deciding on one particular question or point to discuss, and leaving other possible ones aside.
You should label this section of your paper as “Introduction.”
- Part Three: Provide a Position Statement
State clearly and precisely the position you intend to defend on the question you have formulated. This does not need to be more than one sentence.
Note that providing a position statement does not necessarily presume that you are confident in your position, that other positions do not have merit, or that you cannot change your mind later. However, for now, it is important to at least tentatively take a stand on a position you believe to be better supported than others.
Label this section as “Position Statement.”
- Part Four: Identify and Explain a Supporting Reason
Identify and explain a plausible reason someone could give that supports the position you have taken and be sure to clearly explain why you think it supports that position. The explanation should aim to be three to five sentences (shorter explanations are possible, but will likely be inadequate; longer explanations are likely to be too verbose).
Label this section as “Supporting Reason.”
- Part Five: Identify and Explain an Opposing Reason
Identify and explain a plausible reason someone might give that would oppose or challenge the position you have taken and be sure to clearly explain why you think it would oppose or challenge it. The explanation should aim to be three to five sentences (shorter explanations are possible, but will likely be inadequate; longer explanations are likely to be too verbose). You should strive to articulate that reason in a way that someone defending a contrary position to your own would do. This requires stepping back from your own position and being able to think about the problem as objectively as you can. You should not attempt to respond to this opposing reason.
The Final Paper provides you with an opportunity to integrate and reflect on what you have learned during the class.
The question to address is, what have you learned about statistics? In developing your responses, consider—at a minimum—and discuss the application of each of the course elements in analyzing and making decisions about data (counts and/or measurements).
The course elements include
- Descriptive statistics.
- Inferential statistics.
- Hypothesis development and testing.
- Selection of appropriate statistical tests.
- Evaluating statistical results.
The Final Paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
In Week 5, the Final Project will synthesize what you have discovered about the different advanced practice roles and scope of practice found in the master of nursing curriculum: NP, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator. You will review all roles and then examine the specialty for which you were admitted, focusing on the scope of practice, core competencies, certification requirements, and legal aspects of practice for that specific role.This week you will focus on Core Competencies.
Each advanced care provider role has specific core competencies specific to the specialization. Following are links to websites describing core competencies that are relevant:
- Indirect Care Provider Roles:
- Nurse Administrator
- Nurse Informaticist
- Nurse Educator
- Direct Care Provider Roles:
- NP (Adult, Gerontology, or Family Health)
To prepare for this assignment, review all core competencies and then provide a response in a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding the title and reference page) your review of these competencies considering the following:
- Compare and contrast the core competencies of a direct care provider advanced role and indirect care provider advanced role. For example, if you are a nurse informaticist or nurse administrator student, compare your role’s core competencies to the NP core competencies. If you are a NP student, compare your role’s core competencies to that of the nurse informaticist or the nurse administrator.
- Analyze the similarities and differences in implementation of the competencies within the selected roles.
URLs to assist you in preparing your assignment:
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
|Compared and contrasted the core competencies of a direct care provider advanced role and indirect care provider advanced role.
|Analyzed the similarities and differences in implementation of the competencies within the selected roles.
|Utilized and cited two of the websites listed above in correct APA format in the body of the paper.
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. APA format was used.
On your first day as an Information Systems Security director, you met with the Chief Information Officer. During the meeting, he revealed to you his deep concerns about the Infrastructure Protection Plan. He asked you to read the Department of Homeland Security. (2009). National Infrastructure Protection Plan. Retrieved from http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/NIPP_Plan.pdf Ensuring an Effective, Efficient Program Over the Long Term.
Since he realizes that you are new to this position he asked you to deliver the final plan, memo and budget in later but he setup 3 checkpoints for you to deliver parts of the plan to ensure consistent progress of the deliverables before the big presentation.
In this phase, you need to create 3-5 page professional memo about your assessment of what needs to be done to meet the standards based on the National Infrastructure Protection Plan. You need to make sure that the language in the memo is clear of free of errors. You also need to be creative in presenting this information to capture the most important points from the National Infrastructure Protection Plan. You need to demonstrate critical thinking to prioritize the action items based on your findings.
In this phase, you need to communicate with your troops about the National Infrastructure Protection Plan, through your information in the memo. The communication plan should involve a diagram showing the flow of information, the timing of the communication as well as the media of the communication. You also need to submit drafts of any communication pieces of your communication plan.
Assignment must be orginial work- Must pass plagiarism checker
Case Study 1: Walmart Manages Ethics and Compliance Challenge
Read “Case Study 3: Walmart Manages Ethics and Compliance Challenges,” located on page 407 of the textbook. Then, read the article titled, “The Good, the Bad, and Wal-Mart”, located at http://www.workplacefairness.org/reports/good-bad-wal-mart/wal-mart.php.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Examine the manner in which Walmart’s business philosophy has impacted its perception of being unethical towards supply and employee stakeholders. Provide one (1) example of Walmart in an unethical situation.
- Determine the major effects that Walmart’s business philosophy has had on its human resource practices and policies.
- Analyze two (2) of the legal mandates that workers and U.S. government has accused Walmart of violating. Provide an explanation as to why these legal mandates were violated, citing specific violations.
- Evaluate the efficiency of the structure of the ethical decision making framework that Walmart has used in making its decisions. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Recommend two (2) actions that Walmart’s Human Resources Department should take in order to improve the employees’ perspectives of Walmart’s human resources policies. Provide a rationale for your recommendations.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the business ethics issues and definitions, theories, and frameworks important to organizational ethical decision making and the role of a human resource professional.
- Determine the role of stakeholder interests, the interrelationship of ethics and social responsibility, and the role of corporate governance in ethics.
- Examine ethical issues and dilemmas in business.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in ethics and advocacy for HR professionals using correct grammar and mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business ethics and advocacy for HR professionals
How is Technology Changing the Face of Business Today?
The traditional retail model has focused on finding high-margin, high-volume products or services because limited space means reduced space inventory. For example, organizations such as Walmart select the biggest hits from the broadest genres, called the “short head.” The short head means Walmart will only carry a select mix of country, pop, and rock that is calculated to provide the greatest cost/benefit. The business model of Amazon is different. Amazon provides the short head but also provides the “long tail” of more than 100,000 different audio selections. The competition for customers between the Walmart and Amazon marketplace is profoundly changing the face of retail business today.
Using your company or a real-world example from your research, respond to the following:
- Describe how technology is changing the face of businesses today.
- Describe the most critical business processes that utilize information systems in your selected company.
- Explain how IT makes the company’s business processes faster, cheaper, more accurate, and customer-savvy than that of competitors.
- Cite at least three sources found in your online library research.
Give reasons and examples from your research to support your responses.
Write 3 pages paper in Word format. Be sure to use and cite the module readings. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.