In this Assignment, you will consider WA State licensure requirements demanded by WA State in order to practice as a professional counselor with expertise in couples and family counseling. In addition, you examine various marriage, couple, and family certifications that are available through professional organizations. Finally, you consider possible practice challenges that you may encounter. Write your paper on professional preparation, credentials, and scope of practice, using the instructions below as a guide: Explain your understanding of the scope of practice of a counselor with expertise in marriage, couple, and family counseling. Discuss how professional counseling organizations germane to counseling with an expertise in marriage, couple, and family counseling such as the International Association for Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC) might support your professional practice pursuits. Describe licensure requirements you intend on seeking in the state or locale in which you intend to practice. Describe the licensure process/procedure in your state or locale as it pertains to counselors with expertise in marriage, couple, and family counseling. Describe at least one certification that might enhance your practice as a counselor with an expertise in marriage, couple, and family counseling. Describe what might be a challenge to obtaining licensure in the state or locale in which you intend to practice. Potential challenges might include lack of required supervision and/or lack of opportunities to complete post-masters clinical experience hours.
What are the qualities of a great leader?
In your opinion, who is the greatest leader in the world today?
Why is this person a great leader?
Write down their answers verbatim because you will use selected quotations in your final essay.Suggested Format for SummariesWrite down the name of the person interviewed and the date of the interview
State the person’s relationship to you
Identify whether or not the person has expertise in a particular area (Examples: education, nursing, business). Ask if you do not know.
Write down their answers verbatim.
ExampleFor this research assignment, I chose to speak with two family members, one co-worker, and two close friends. I learned that they all have strong opinions about our local and national leaders.Interview 1: Janice Johnson – interviewed on November 15, 2016Profession – Registered Nurse, Native Houstonian
Relationship – Friend of the family for over 10 years
Expertise – Janice has 20 years of experience working in the Texas Medical Center at various hospitals. She is a leader in her field as a [Job Title].
What are the qualities of a great leader? – “A great leader should have a passion for people and a vision for the future.”
In your opinion, who is the greatest leader in the world today? “On the local level, I believe that Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner is a great leader.”
Why is this person a great leader? “Mayor Turner has a deep concern for all the people in Houston, and he hires the right people to get things done in the city.”
Repeat this format for Interviews 2-5.
You may choose to use the information you gather from at least one of the sources in your essay. If you do, include the interview as one of your Works Cited entries with this format.
Johnson, Janice, RN. Personal Interview. Nov 15, 2016 Ask someone who has strong opinions.
Write an essay of 1,000 words in which you compare and/or contrast the ways in which at least two of these writers question the ways things are and, as such, become vehicles for social change. the stories to work on are:
“A Rose for Emily” is a short story by American author William Faulkner,
“The Yellow Wallpaper” is a short story by American writer Charlotte Perkins Gilman
6.Does aggregate economic growth conflict with environmental protection? (Remember that growth and development are different things). Explain why you think it does or does not. Then broadly describe three policies that you believe would help move us towards a sustainable scale for our economy.7.Should we have policies that limit individual wealth? Explain why you think we should or should not. Then broadly describe three policies that you believe would help move us towards a more equitable society/economy.
a.Is measured by Gross National (or Domestic) Product.
b.Equals economic welfare plus noneconomic welfare.
c.In the U.S. has continued to track nearly identically with GNP as measured by the Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare.
d.Has nothing to do with the consumption of market goods and services.2.Herman Daly suggests approaching the three goals of Ecological Economics in this order:
a.Ecosystems, Economy, and Human Welfare
b.Efficient Allocation, Just Distribution, and Sustainable Scale
c.Sustainable Scale, Just Distribution, and Efficient Allocation
d.Economic welfare, uneconomic welfare, and the ecosystem.3.A purely competitive market is typically defined by:
a.Many buyers and sellers.
c.A homogeneous product.
d.Answers A and B.
e.All of the above.4.Crop pollination from naturally occurring bee populations is an example of:
a.A negative externality.
b.An ecosystem service.
c.A stock-flow resource.
d.A rival and excludable service.5.The term race to the bottom refers to:
a.The rapid extraction of natural resources caused by economic growth, particularly fossil fuels, metals and other important minerals.
b.Competition among industrialized nations in the global north, which seek to expand into the developing markets of the global south.
c.A phenomenon in which countries seeking to attract economic activity will deregulate businesses, leading to lower wages, worse working conditions and fewer environmental protections.
d.Competition among the worlds major fossil fuel companies for deepwater drilling technology that would allow for the extraction of offshore oil and gas.
1.Describe how the goals of sustainable scale and just distribution are interrelated. (See chapter 1 of your book)2.When does growth of the economy become uneconomic? Use an example to illustrate.3.Consider the natural resource of water. Is water a fund-service or stock-flow resource? In what context? Describe the physical and economic characteristics of water.4.How many separate indicators comprise the Genuine Progress Indicator? Describe three separate indicators of your choice, making clear whether it is a cost or a benefit. Are there indicators that you would either add or remove from the list? Why?5.What does it mean to tax bads rather than goods? Give examples.
i recommend that you have a NETFLIX account to get access to the whole movie..
you have this three choices to watch:
1) Blackfish (2013) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2545118/?ref_=nv_sr_1
2) The True Cost (2015) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlwYq7t0ctw
3)o Food, INC available free @ http://documentary-movie.com/food-inc/
After watch the one of your choice you will have to write the review by answering this following questions:
1. Why have you chosen this video/documentary? (highly recommended that you answer this question before watching the documentary)
2. Identify at least four things/facts/phenomena from the documentary that you did not know before watching it, and comment on their significance (each of the four). Choose four (or more) that are significant to you and explain why they are significant to you as a student of criminology. (reflect)
3. Explain whether you think the issue/practice addressed in the video is a reflection of our culture and who we are, or whether its more of an influence on who we are/who we become.
For example: the issue in the video happens because we are x, y, and z; OR we are x, y, and z because of what I learned is happening in the video
4. How are the things you discussed in #3 relevant to the field of criminology? In this course, it was clarified that criminology is interested in all harmful behavior, not just those things deemed a violation of criminal law. Many common practices in government or the corporate are legal but result in great harm.
1. Briefly summarize the differences between Igneous Rocks, Sedimentary Rocks and Metamorphic Rocks.
2. Explain the major theory that accounts for the Movement of the Continents. What is the significance of Plate Tectonics?
3. What are the main types of Tectonic Forces? Describe how these forces create features at the surface of the Earth.
4. Summarize the main forms of Gradational (gradual) Forces that continuously act to re-shape Earths surface.
5. What are the main characteristics of the Global Air Circulation Pattern?
6. When geographers examine Climatic Change, they note a big difference between the causes of Long-Term and Short-Term changes. Briefly explain them.
7. Negative human impacts on the environment include effects on (a) water, (b) the air, (c) landforms, and (d) plants and animals. Select TWO of these categories and explain what the most significant human impacts are and how they might be addressed most effectively.
1. Evaluate what are the impact of the Seven year war on the relationship between Britain and America. Try to evaluate and analyze the impact of the war, such as from Economic stand point, instead of only describing the changes and historical events from the war2. Thesis statement is needed, the essay should be typed, double spaced, 12 font Times New Roman, should include a Turabian style bibliography (not work cited but bibliography), but also it needs to include a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 quotes with corresponding footnote citations in the Turabian format.