In this mini-project, you will discuss an assigned academic journal article and briefly present the study in class. It is intended to help you become more aware of the theory, content, or character of research publications in public relations. You will review the article individually but three or four of you who are assigned the same piece will make a joint creative presentation in class. In your review paper, you should address the following points:
1. Bibliographic Information: List bibliographic info on the published report, using APA style.
2. Key Points: Summarize the theoretical background and key claims or points I the article.
3. Organization: Analyze the structure of the essay. In what order is the information presented. Does the information seem balanced? How does the organization of the material serve the writer’s apparent purpose?
4. The Issue of Ethos: Discuss the issue of ethos or source credibility. How do the authors establish their ethos? How meticulously do they document the information? Do you find the information believable or the argument cogent? How could the authors have achieved greater credibility?
5. Reflection: Sum up your review. Reflect on the social significance of this article as a piece of new knowledge. What did you as a budding scholar learn from this assignment? If you didn’t need this for a class project, would you get any benefit from reading the article? Can you connect what you have learned from this intellectual exercise to one or more of the learning outcomes of the course?
6. Use the above-underlined terms (or their variations) as subheads for different sections of the paper.
Following the recent comments in the University Council by your dean, that https://www.ukbestessays.com be accepted as an associate modal online class provider since it was one of the oldest and most used by students globally, please discuss the statement below.
Is Academic Essay writing assistance illegal?
Form the basis of your discussion by visiting the website in question and submitting the available information about the same on the website.
Please also adduce any evidence or opinions about the same.
No plagiarism please
Both assignments are due on 11/09/2016 by 11 pm
Each week you should report or summarize one news article or report, journal article, Internet resource, etc. that addresses some aspect of Teaching about Culture and Health. Ideally it will address the specific topic for that week. Environmental scanning is an information gathering technique that allows you to report relevant information from sources that you already view or utilize. Essentially, it allows each of us to contribute to teaching the class by sharing information that we have found. It is expected that students and the instructor will respond to other’s postings. Try to provide a link the reference or at minimum a reference (using AMA style).
One page in sufficient for this assignment
(This week’s topic is: role-plays, simulations and standardized patients as active teaching strategies to teach about social determinants of health, health disparities and culturally appropriate care.
For this week’s discussion question, choose one of the strategies (role-play, standardized patients or simulation) and describe how you would use them in a culturally appropriate care, health disparities or social determinants of health situation. Please provide at minimum the goal, one or two learning objectives, process/strategy and assessment.
(One page is sufficient)
As you have been learning, one key to success in literacy instruction is the use of appropriate strategies to support student learning. Select one strategy from the list below:
- Identifying Important Information
- Generating and Answering Questions
- Summarizing and Synthesizing
- Making Connections
Then select and read at least one current research article that provides empirical evidence supporting the strategy you have chosen. Submit the research article to your instructor via email and write an analytical paper that does the following:
- Identifies the strategy being analyzed and outlines the specific evidence provided to support the empirical value of this strategy, including whether and how any direct and/or indirect observations were used in the research.
- Illustrates whether the research addresses cultural diversity and infers from the research design why this component was or was not included.
- Compares and contrasts the research findings with your own experience as an instructor or as a reader and provides examples to illustrate this comparison for the reader.
Your paper must be two to three pages, not including the title or reference pages. It must be written in APA format per the Ashford Writing Center Guidelines to include an introduction and conclusion. Include at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the course text, for a total of three scholarly sources.
Course text: Literacy: Helping Studens Construct Meaning