Develop a chart that lists theo characteristics of congenital heart defects, blood disorders, asthma, cystic fibrosis, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, chronic renal failure, childhood cancer, and congenital and acquired infectious diseases.
Then, with your CLC group, choose one major health impairment or infectious disease (Epilepsy) and create a 5-10 slide PowerPoint.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Media link
- Include at least two websites for more information on the major health impairment or infectious disease selected
- Three relevant resources for teaching students with the selected major health impairment or infectious disease, including citations
Address the following within the presentation:
- Name at least three physical and academic difficulties associated with the chosen impairment or disease
- Treatments and medical therapies safe to perform within the school setting
- Issues with receptive and expressive language
- Visual-motor integration
- Collaboration among school staff to meet the needs of the student
- Precautions that must be taken in the classroom to ensure students’ needs are met
You have just been hired as a new Vice President of quality and safety for a full-service 600-bed government healthcare organization. Within your first month on the job, the national security threat level has been raised to Imminent, which means there is a credible, specific, and impending terrorist threat against the United States, and your facility may be directly impacted. The Chief Executive Officer has requested an immediate six to eight-page report of your proposal for handling such a situation.
Note: You may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 6 page paper in which you:
- Examine the existing procedures related to at least four (4) of the ten (10) essential public health services. Focus on the principal effects that these procedures will have on your hospital during the emergency.
- Specify the importance of continuing to evaluate patients, as stipulated by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), during the emergency.
- Detail three (3) measures that you would use in order to maintain the electronic medical record system during the emergency.
- Defend your position on the decision to accept health insurance during the emergency as a potential source of income for the facility. Provide support with at least three (3) examples that illustrate your position.
- Analyze the extent to which this emergency might affect the quality of care provided to the patients and the unimpeded operation of the organization.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
You are to compose an email in MS Word; incorporate a subject line. Using the Six Cs of Communication, and the inverted pyramid development concept, generate an email to address the following issue (including subject line):
(review the Lecture tab if you need) Here is your topic:
Scenario: You work for the HR department of a large company of more than 10,000 employees. You need to send an email about the fact that no more paper checks will be issued for pay, but that all pay will be done by direct deposit.You need to be sure your reader opens the email and reads it carefully (hence, the subject line needs to be carefully considered)Here are the facts you are given (in no particular order—your boss just handed you a sheet of paper with her ideas listed out): Direct deposit saves the company money –no stamps or paper. Employees must get a voided check or routing number to HR by XXX Date (you can make that up). This will save employees time! No trips to the bank. Money available on pay date. Those who already signed up for direct deposit do not have to do anything. This is mandatory, not optional. Paperwork must be completed by fax or in person. No emailing employee bank info. HR took a long time to consider the options and costs of payment methods. Remember, as you compose your message, that a time constraint is also likely in an event like this.
Think of a problem in your company, neighbourhood, schools, or community, to which you would like to offer a solution. Develop a presentation in PowerPoint, that you might use to present your argument to the governing board of your chosen organization. Use what you know about persuasion, effective communication and message organization to sell your idea. In your PowerPoint, you will:
· Create 8-10 slides that offer a presentation introduction, body and conclusion.
· Focus your message on audience needs and motivations. Use reasoning, appeals to emotion and audience interests.
· Cite at least three outside sources.
· Include a coversheet slide, slide titles, bullets, charts (pie, bar, or line), clip art and creativity in terms of animation effects and word choice.
· Use the NOTES feature to add the general text of what you will say in your presentation. Each slide will have two-three substantive paragraphs in its NOTES section. In most settings, you would do fine with using NOTES simply to place your keyword outline. However, since you will not be delivering this orally, more content is needed for your instructor to understand what it is that you intended to communicate.
· Concentrate on formatting and the overall flow of your presentation. Be mindful of the rules of good visual design.
Submit your PowerPoint along with a paragraph providing some background, your goal, and a brief description of your audience.
Write 3-4 pages essay based on the topic and instructions given below. Your essay must include 7-8 scholarly references that properly cited in APA. Your essay must be graduate level essay and must be 100% original.
Write a Research-Supported Cause-Effect Essay on the topic “Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).”
The essay should have the following elements:
- 1. An engaging introductory paragraph. You might even want to cite sources in the opening paragraph to make your opening engaging to the reader.
- 2. An effective and clear thesis statement
- 3. A statement of definitions and background on the topic on which you are writing.
- · You will want to define any terms necessary for the reader.
- · You may want to provide a historical background on your topic.
- 4. Unified, supported, and coherent body paragraphs that defend the thesis
- 5. Sources cited throughout the body paragraphs that support the arguments in the paper
- 6. An effective conclusion
- 7. A “references” page that lists the sources cited. The references should be listed in APA format.
The sources and citation format for this essay:
- 1. You are required to use at least 7-8 scholarly sources for this essay.
- 2. Keep in mind that if the sources are scholarly, the argument you make in the paper will be more persuasive. For this reason, feel free to use all scholarly sources if you can.
- 3. Sources (or more) are necessary to establish your argument and defend your thesis.
- 4. Please cite your sources and list them at the end of your paper using APA format.
I need this two questions answered in 100+ words each by 8pm EST.
1. Research an ERP system or an ERP software application, and address the following:
- In your own words, define enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Provide the name of the ERP system or the ERP software application you researched along with a web link to the resource.
- Briefly discuss the ERP system or the ERP software application and include how this resource can help an organization manage important aspects of its business.
2. Discuss your experience in using Excel prior to taking this course. What new features have you learned? What tips can you offer to other students? How do you see yourself using Excel in the future? How do you think knowing more about Excel will impact your performance in school or on the job?
Obstacles to Good Nutrition
Children in the United States face significant obstacles to good nutrition. This is due in part to the increased consumption of fast food.
Review Chapter 6 in your text, particularly the section titled “Reality Check: How Is America Eating: Do We Fulfill Our Nutritional Needs?” as well as the articles and Web sites listed in this week’s Learning Resources. Drawing on these resources, what you have learned in the course so far, and your own observations of current lifestyle trends, consider the following:
- Current obstacles to good nutrition for young children
- Knowledge and approaches adults committed to the well-being of children can take to overcome these obstacles
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3:
Post a response to the following:
- Identify at least two obstacles to good nutrition for young children and social, economic, and/or historical forces that have brought about or contributed to these obstacles.
- Describe how early childhood advocates and professionals might offset/overcome these obstacles
Answer the following questions:
- What do you see in terms of the couple’s communication?
- How is the communication styles of the couple impacting their relationship and intimacy?
- What recommendations or suggestions would you offer to the couple?
- How does communication influence your relationships with friends, family and partners?
- What have you learned from this week that will influence how you communicate in your relationships?
Responses to the discussion board should be at least 7-10 sentences in length.
- What are your thoughts on conflict?
- How do you handle conflict?
- Why do you handle conflict the way you do?
- Which of Lerner’s Styles of Dance are you? Why? Explain why you identify with that style of dance
- Pursurers, Underfunctioners, Overfunctioners, Distancers, or Blamers
- Are you the same in every situation? Why or Why not?
- Give an example of how you see one of the Lerner’s Styles of Dance in your life.