This course has eight course outcomes specifying that by the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the evolution and functions of computer hardware, computer architecture, and system and application software.
- Explain the concepts and components of telecommunication networks, and the purposes and operations of network protocols.
- Explain the principles, uses, and impacts of the Internet, the Web, and social media.
- Explain the principles of information privacy and security, the security/privacy threats of computers and networks, and discuss the impact of security/privacy threats on the public, business, and individuals.
- Describe the functions and uses of database and database management systems, and explain the concepts and applications of data warehouse and big data.
- Explain key professional, ethical, and legal issues within the field of information technology.
- Use components of Microsoft Office suite, including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation tools, and database software, for solving problems in work and everyday life.
- Explain the importance of staying current on changes in IT environments.
Based on the course content and activities, discuss the following questions:
- Identify the course outcome(s) that you would like to strengthen and delve into further after this course. Why?
- What is your plan to learn more about the topics covered by the outcomes you identify?
- Identify the course outcome(s) that you would like this course to provide more content about. Why? Is there any topic and/or concept for which you need more explanation?