Topic: Physical Security Practices on National Borders Compare the Physical Security (technology, methods, etc.) used at the national borders of at least 3 countries. Focus on Information Technology but can include Safety, Equipment, Assessment and/or Policies/Procedures.
How do you overcome an incident in your Information technology company? Do a presentation and provide a full report to your executive board.
Clearly read –
PowerPoint only accepted
20 Slides with references. APA formatting
Require Turnirin report
Please note that this is a formal writing, all references (peer-reviewed) mostly must be cited appropriately within the text and clearly avoid plagiarism. Turnitin status percentage required while submitting in work.
At UC, it is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision-making. This assignment is a written assignment where students will demonstrate how this course research has connected and put into practice within their own career.
Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.
Provide a 500 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
You should NOT, provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace.
Discussion: Security Breach Evaluation
- access_ts_localbreach.docx (28.973 KB)
- Required Practical Connection Assignment Rubric.docx (19.556 KB)
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Analyze the given case study on security breach.
- Recommend controls to avoid an enterprise security breach.
Read the text sheet named “Local Breach of Sensitive Online Data” and address the following:
Using what you have learned about security breaches, describe what measures should have been taken by the educational service and test preparation provider to avoid the security breach mentioned in the text sheet.
Respond to your peers with your point of view on their answers. Make sure your opinion is substantiated with valid reasons and references to the concepts covered in the course. In addition, initiate a discussion with the students who comment on your answer.
After the discussion, you need to prepare a summary report. The report should include the following:
- Explanation of the security controls that could have prevented the security breach
- Rationale for choosing the security controls
- Text sheet: Local Breach of Sensitive Online Data (ts_localbreach)
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial, 12-Point, Double-Space
- Citation Style: Follow your school’s preferred style guide
- Length: 2 pages
- Citation Style: APA with at least 2 Refferences
Use the following checklist to support your work on the assignment:
- I have engaged in a discussion of the assigned topics with at least two of my peers.
- I have raised questions and solicited peer and instructor input on the topics discussed.
- I have articulated my position clearly and logically.
- I have supported my argument with data and factual information.
- I have provided relevant citations and references to support my position on the issue discussed.
- I have compared and contrasted my position with the perspectives offered by my peers and highlighted the critical similarities and differences.
- I have solicited peer and instructor feedback on my arguments and propositions.
- I have offered a substantive and critical evaluation of my peer’s perspective on the issues that is opposite of mine, and supported my critical review with data and information.
- I have followed the submission requirements.
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), and a written DRP analysis. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and /or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Acme National Bank of America (ANBA) has branches in Miami, FL, Detroit, MI, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Denver, CO, St. Louis, MO, and Atlanta, GA. Each branch has workstations or terminals that are connected to a central data center located in Chicago, IL. Each branch also has local servers and desktop computers that are not connected to the central data center.
Senior management is concerned about the following potential events that could affect the operations of ANBA. The events include:
- Malfunctioning software
- Workstations and servers malfunctions
- Failed hard drives
- Large-scale natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes
- Office fires
- Computer virus outbreaks
- Power outages caused by winter storm
- Terrorist attacks
Section 1: Disaster Recovery Plan
- Download the DRP template CIS527_A5_W9_ANBA-DRP.docx. Modify the template to create a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) for ANBA. Provide appropriate and accurate information for the areas outlined in the DRP template.
Section 2: Disaster Recovery Plan Analysis
2. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Describe the main objectives of the ANBA DRP.
- Explain the key ways that ANBA’s DRP can help mitigate risk in the organization.
- Defend the need for DRPs in an enterprise organization such as ANBA.
- Infer on the difference between the elements of DRP between different branches of a multinational organization.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Read the text sheet named “Local Breach of Sensitive Online Data” and address the following:
Using what you have learned about security breaches, describe what measures should have been taken by the educational service and test preparation provider to avoid the security breach mentioned in the text sheet. and write
2 pages in apa style with proper refrence and intext citaton.
“PGP and VPNs” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine that you work for a federal law enforcement agency and your manager has tasked you with researching Pretty Good Privacy (PGP). Examine three (3) advantages and three (3) disadvantages of PGP and recommend whether or not the agency should use it. Post your findings. Provide a rationale for your response. Use Internet references published within the past  year.
- Compare the major advantages and disadvantages of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) and briefly summarize your findings in a post. Recommend two (2) organizations that would benefit the most from a VPN. Provide a rationale for your response. Use Internet references published within the past  year.
ITS832 Residency Project –
Tools Analysis & Policy Making Summary: XYZ Company is a manufacturing company that produces various products and uses a supply chain to deliver directly to global customers and retailers. The company is using legacy ERP systems with considerable vulnerabilities that can seriously harm their business. Some of the challenges relate to outdated technology, unresponsive to industry changes, and inability to handle new government standards and regulations. As the business is growing rapidly, they are facing various data integration problems with current legacy ERP system as well as the three challenges listed above. Data integration platforms help to data migration and integration robust, fast, simple and affordable. Most data integration platforms provide a reasonable approach to systems integration. The XYZ Company CEO need your expert to advise on how to address the current global issues on the legacy system as well as a possible change in the policy posture to enhance business performance. You are required to conduct research and address the following requirements.
Part 1 – Paper Assignment Deliverables: A research project to complete the following:
1. Each group will select a different company as a case study organization. Provide the company overview, mission, and products
2. Identify and explain the organization’s current global issue that needs solutions such as the negative effects identified in the summary above.
3. Prepare a Comparative Analysis of Tools by identifying at least five (5) ERP tools to help in analyzing the global issues and making an effective policy decision.
4. Identify the tools Pros and Cons, and the suitable tool for your case study organization with justification for your selection.
5. Describe the design of the tool and possible features to benefit the Complex Product Systems 6. Identify and explain the suitable competing standards and laws that apply to your case study organization with adequate justification.
7. Explain how your case study organization could eliminate information barriers that prevent sales representatives from nimble work on opportunities and higher productivity.
8. Provide recommendations to the CEO of the case study organization for making a policy decision in resources acquisition and implementation plan.
9. Develop a Policy Implementation Plan (about three pages minimum) for your case study organization as a reference manual for existing and future implementation plan in addressing the global issues, challenges, or threats in business. (this will be an “Appendix A” inserted at the end of the Research Paper after References). The policy should be referenced in the research paper and presentation.
ITS832 Residency Project – Tools Analysis & Policy Making
Research Paper Criteria:
• Research Paper must be in APA Style
– Create document in Word that contains the following elements:
– Title page
– Course number and name
– Research Project name
– Group Members Name
– Table of contents, clickable, auto-generated with Max of 3 levels deep section headings
• Standard Research Criteria: (Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Data Analysis, Findings, Conclusion, References).
• Research Paper must have at least five works cited of which three must be peer-reviewed works/articles.
• Must be at least ten double-spaced pages (separate from the policy implementation plan)
• Tables, Figures, Graphs illustrations, and spreadsheets are allowed but must be used according to APA guidelines.
Part 2 – PowerPoint Presentation:
Upon developing XYZ Company’s Policy Implementation Plan (Appendix A) and Research Paper for evaluating the various data integration problems with the current system, prepare a PowerPoint for presentation by your team to the CEO of the case study organization. The length of the presentation should be between 15-20 slides.
Grading Criteria: will represents 60% of your grade:
Research Paper possible grade of 200 points:
– Meets Standard Criteria (
– APA Guidelines and Format
– Comparative Analysis of Tools
– Tools design, features, Pros and Cons, and Justification
– Eliminating information barriers for higher productivity
– Recommendations to the CEO of the case study organization
– Policy Implementation Plan as an Appendix A – The logic of Processes and Actions (Thoroughness)
– Alignment of the Policy Implementation Plan in completing and supporting the evaluation for the case study organization
PowerPoint Presentation possible grade of 70 points:
– Completeness of the Topic (Policy, Processes, Action, Conclusion)
– Presentation Delivery
– Alignment of Policy Implementation Plan to the case study organization
Peer Evaluation Form grade of 10 points
Using the Web or other resources, do a bit of research on the methodologies that Microsoft Windows firewall uses. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of that approach.
in 500 words or more, explain PCI compliance to the database administrator at a large retailer. Consider the consequences for non-compliance.
Cite your sources. Do not copy. Write in essay format not in bulleted, numbered or other list format.