Skip to content
The hormone produces mother’s milk is:
Which of the following is a hazard of immobility?
- Loss of bone calcium
- Increased vital capacity
- Venous vasoconstriction
- A positive nitrogen balance
Which pain assessment scale is used exclusively for infants and neonates from 32 weeks of gestation to six months of age?
- The PEPPS pain scale
- The FLACC pain scale
- The Faces pain scale
- The CRIES pain scale
You have been assigned to care for a neonate who has been diagnosed with the Tetralogy of Fallot. The mother asks you what the Tetralogy of Fallot is. How should you respond to this mother?
- “The Tetralogy of Fallot is a congenital gastrointestinal disorder”
- “The Tetralogy of Fallot is a congenital cardiac disorder”
- “The Tetralogy of Fallot will affect the baby’s reflexes”
- “The Tetralogy of Fallot will affect the baby’s ability to breastfeed”
Select the stage of a pressure ulcer that is accurately pair with its characteristics.
- Stage I: Only slight blanching when pressure is applied to the skin.
- Stage II: The epidermis and part of the dermis is damaged or lost.
- Stage III: The wound has slough and eschar.
- Stage IV: The loss of skin usually exposes some fat.
Which legal document will most likely contain the patient’s decision to not get cardiopulmonary resuscitation?
- Healthcare surrogacy
- Healthcare proxy
- Advance directives
- Durable power of attorney
Which quality assurance or performance improvement technique is used to identify underlying process flaws?
- Small group process
- Root cause analysis
- People at fault process
- Cause and effect
Which cardiac arrhythmia can be either acquired or congenital and can spontaneously disappear on its own or lead to ventricular fibrillation?
- Premature arterial contractions
- Torsades de pointes
- Premature ventricular contractions
Which of the following healthcare providers can legally have access to all, or part, of a patient’s medical record because they have a “need to know”? Select all that apply.
- Student nurses caring for a particular patient
- Registered nurses when they are not caring for a particular patient
- The Vice President for Nursing who is investigating a patient fall
- Licensed practical nurses caring for a particular patient
- A quality assurance nurse collecting data for a performance improvement activity