Pythagoras is credited to have been the first philosopher who developed a comprehensive idea of philosophy. In separate essays discuss the following.
1. In what way or ways in Pythagoras conception of philosophy relevant to what is generally understood as the meaning of philosophy?
2. Write as essay on the etymological meaning of philosophy and how this meaning can be of use in understanding how philosophy and science has developed since Pythagoras’ time which affect American society today?
3. RELATIVISM has left many philosophers and students of philosophy such as yourselves; dissatisfied with its account to understand the basis of moral and ethical values. In an essay addressing each area below to “Explain the various manifestations of RELATIVISM as it pertains to a through d?”
4. Discuss how ideas such as ethical RATIONALISM, theistic ethics, nationalism, utilitarianism, and globalization have attempted to move beyond RELATIVISM. Are these attempts successful form your point of view?
5. The RATIONALISM of the early philosophers has had a profound influence in the development of the philosophy and science over the ages. While the ancient philosopher / astronomer searched the stars hundreds of years age, mankind today is at the door of space travel to visit other planets. Trillions of dollars would be spent to make these explorations although many of the problems of civilization such as hunger, poverty, disease, and peace, would persist on earth.
In an essay, discuss the RATIONALISM of intergalactic travel vs. the quality of life for all people on earth?