Application of Exploratory Research
Review and respond to the questions on pages 125-126 in Cozby, P. C. (2012). Methods in behavioral research. (2012). (these questions are below)
This section discusses observational methods, which are often involved in qualitative research.
Please answer questions in detail and support your answers with scholarly research citations where appropriate.
Length: 5 pages
1. What is the research question for this study?
2. Is the basic approach in this study qualitative or quantitative?
3. Is this study an example of concealed or non-concealed observation? What are the ethical issues present in this study?
4. Do you think that participants would be reactive to this data collection method?
5. How reliable were the coders? How did the authors assess their reliability?
6. How did the researchers operationally de&#64257;ne small talk, substantive talk, well-being, and happiness? What do you think about the quality of these operational de&#64257;nitions?
7. Does this study suffer from the problem involving the direction of causation (p. 79)? How so?
8. Does this study suffer from the third-variable problem (p. 80)? How so?
9. Do you think that this study included any confounding variables? Provide examples.
10. Given the topic of this study, what other ways can you think of to conduct this study using an observational method?
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!